Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Third Time's a Charm at Tsukada Nojo 塚田農場.美人鍋

I was at Chinatown collecting my Swiss passes for my long awaited vacation to Switzerland. It was barely 6pm so I suggested to hubby to dine at Tsukada Nojo since the queue has not yet started.




We're seated immediately upon arrival and presented with the menu. The ordering process was quick as the staffs were not that busy yet and attended to us swiftly. We will be having the Bijin Nabe Hotpot $25++ per pax and two sides for dinner.

Nikumaki Onigiri ($3.50 - $3.80++ each), my fave bacon wrapped rice ball (choice of 4 kinds of toppings). I had the Yuzu Mayo one which was incredibly delicious while hubby tried his with Red Chili Oil topping.


Chicken Nanban $8.50++, which came pretty late after having to remind the waiting staffs. This Miyazaki specialty served with homemade egg mayo was a hit with hubby, who raved about the tender and succulent chicken meat. I liked the fact that they served this with more than usual amount of egg mayo, maybe to compensate for the long waiting time? Anyways, the creamy egg mayo was two thumbs up!


As this was my 3rd time having the Bijin Nabe hotpot, I wouldn't go into details of it all, for those who are clueless please click here.







The chicken collagen soup was as good as I remembered it to be, and the ingredients were all fresh and yummilicious. We ended our meal with the cute jello dessert with artwork, complimentary with every hotpot order. Today's jello was Ice Lemon Green Tea flavor, nice!



Tsukada Nojo has consistently delivered high standards in terms of service level and food quality at pocket friendly prices. That explains the snaky crowd that gathers infront of the restaurant every evening. We will definitely be visiting again in the near future.


Tsukada Nojo 塚田農場
Chinatown Point, 133 New Bridge Road #02-37, S059413
Tel: 64448840

Opens Daily
Lunch: 11:30 - 15:00
Dinner: 17:00 - 22:00






No comments:

Post a Comment