Monday, September 8, 2014

Bedok Local Delicacies - Bedok Chwee Kueh & Fatt Soon Kueh

After shopping at Bedok Mall for some travel essentials and a pair of walking shoes for my Swiss trip, I headed over to Bedok Interchange Hawker to tabao my fave chwee kueh and soon kueh for family.

Bedok Chwee Kueh is forever long queue, took me 15mins to get my hands on them. Prices has been same for past 10yrs...while the whole world has increased prices for their stuffs. The chwee kuehs here are 25 cents each, you can buy them in packets of 4s, 6s & 8s.



The chwee kuehs are very smooth and soft with hint of rice fragrance. The cai por topping is generous, very oily but super flavorful with bits of black and white sesame inside...thumbs up!


Fatt Soon Kueh is right beside Bedok Chwee Kueh. I always patronize both stalls at the same time. They sell soon kueh, gu cai kueh, png kueh and ang gu kueh, all priced at $2.30 for 3pcs or 80 cents each.






Check out the myriad of delicious ingredients packed within their thin and translucent skinned kuehs! I'll let the pictures do the talking.


Bedok Chwee Kueh
207 New Upper Changi Road, #01-53 Bedok Interchange Food Centre

Hours
Daily: 06:30 - 22:30


Fatt Soon Kueh
207 New Upper Changi Road, #01-51 Bedok Interchange Food Centre

Hours
Daily: 07:00 - 23:00
Closed on Wed







No comments:

Post a Comment