Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dinner at Poulét @Bedok Mall

I've heard about Poulét's famous french roast chicken for a while now. I'm not the sort that likes to queue very long for good food, so I waited till there's an opportunity to eat at one of its outlets without queuing for a table. At about 6.15pm on a regular Friday evening, I decided to have my dinner at Poulét, Bedok Mall. No queue.




The open concept eatery has an Eiffel tower theme decor like all other outlets. They have a couple of new dishes in their menu now. They also serve fish and pork dishes on top of chicken dishes. No main courses are priced above 31 bucks, pretty affordable.




Table settings and the menu...






Since I'm here to try the french roast chicken, I picked the Poulét Roti half chicken with their newly introduced cranberry sauce. And added one side dish and a drink to complete my meal.

Poulét de Cranberry (half) $17.90++, served with tangy cranberry sauce and double Pommery & Dijon mustard. True to its reputation, the roasted spring chicken is uber tender and juicy...I love it! The cranberry sauce was nicely done which gave the chicken a refreshingly sweet and sour taste. The mustard is quite sour and I'm not a fan of wasabi so I don't know how to appreciate it, luckily there's only a small amount on the plate.



Sauteed Wild Mushroom $7.90++, assorted wild mushrooms served with an expertly executed poached egg. Check out that runny golden yolk...another great dish that I liked very much.



My drink Raspberry Lemonade $4.90++, it was a lemon soda with raspberry flavored syrup. It tasted quite nice too, no complains.



Poulét gave me an amazing first impression, serving delicious and good quality french food at pocket friendly prices. Waiting staffs are warm and smiley and are quick to clear away empty dishes. I'm already thinking about what to eat on my next visit!


Poulét @Bedok Mall
311 New Upper Changi Road, #B2-31/32 S467360
Tel: (+65) 6844 9421

Operational hours
Mondays to Sundays - 11.30am to 10pm





No comments:

Post a Comment