Monday, February 3, 2014

Dinner at Kazokutei, Plaza Singapura

I was at PS for my regular facial appointment and decided to try this Osaka handmade udon place. They have handmade soba dishes as well.






Simple table settings and the menu.





I selected a Kazokutei Nabeyaki Gozen set meal $14.90++ (with choice of side dish), and topped up $2 for Chawanmushi and $1 for drink.






The udon has a nice springy texture, but other than that there's no obvious differentiation between this handmade ones and the regular mass produced ones. It is good quality udon nonetheless. The broth is sweet and flavorful, and the tempura prawn was fresh and juicy, coupled with a perfectly poached egg...simply delish. My choice of side dish is Tempura pumpkin slices (other choices are chicken karaage & ebi fry). They were very sweet. The Chawanmushi was silky smooth and flavorful with fresh ingredients beneath. For drink, I had the ice green tea which is quite ordinary.

Service level here was decent, I've no complains. Food was reasonably priced. I will probably be back to try other set meals.


Kazokutei
Plaza Singapura , 68 Orchard Road, #04-01, S238839
Tel: 6333 9285

Opening Hours:
Mon.-Sun.: 11:30-22:00






No comments:

Post a Comment