Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dinner at Ambush, Plaza Singapura

My second visit to this casual european eatery. On my first visit I tried their German sausages and pork knuckle. This time round, I'm trying their pasta dish and the highly popular Belgian mussels pot.





For drinks, I ordered a mocktail Green Apple Mojito $5.50++. This is basically fruit flavored syrup and soda, nothing special.


Mussels & Clams mixed pot w/ white wine sauce $18++, mussels and clams are air flown twice weekly to ensure freshness. Choice of 3 cooking style (Aglio Olio, Thai Basil & White wine), the white wine sauce contains bacon bits, onion, garlic & parsley. The broth was rather light and flavorful, I can taste the natural sweetness of the plump and juicy mussels and clams...very delish.



The Garlic bread (focaccia bread) that comes with the mussels pot (choice of bread, fries or mash potato) was soft, fluffy and garlicky...pretty good but I gotta save my stomach for the pasta main course. Tip, dip the bread in the mussel sauce, its yummy.

Pan seared Norwegian salmon pasta w/ Thai basil sauce $13.20++ (choice of spaghetti, linguine, penne or fusilli). The Thai basil sauce is a tomato based sauce with a tang, I suspect tom yum/lemongrass was added in the sauce. Basil leaves were used sparingly so that it will not overpower the taste of the sauce...very palatable indeed. The salmon was cooked just right, tender and juicy...fantastic pairing of protein and carbo!



Ambush impresses me yet again with its high quality food at reasonable prices. Coupled with decent service from staffs, I would gladly return again for more tastes of Europe.


Ambush @Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road #04-64/66 (The Atrium), S238839  
Tel: 6338 9368

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun: 1100 - 2230





No comments:

Post a Comment