Monday, August 26, 2013

Disappointing dinner at Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie

My company has an afternoon event last Friday and we knocked off early at 4:30pm. I had done my homework online before hand and had decided to try the food at Canele at Plaza Singapura. My mistake for not checking the updated menu at the restaurant entrance!




The evening peak has not started so I was ushered to my table immediately. 






After browsing through the menu, I realized that they DO NOT serve Wraps, Crepe (both sweet & savory) and Appetizers that was stated on their online menu. There is only a few selections of All Day Breakfast & Pastas, 3 kinds of Salads, 3 kinds of Sandwiches & 2 kinds of Burgers. The food selection is so pathetic I took very very long to finally chose a salad and topped up for 2 sides.


The Salad Canele $12.00++, fresh greens with hard boiled egg, crab meat and pine nuts drizzled with citrus dressing. One wouldn't notice the crab meat if they didn't read the menu description cos it was only sprinkled sparingly on top of the salad together with the pine nuts as garnishing! Luckily, I had topped up for 2 sides Sauteed Mushrooms $3.00++ and Ham $4.00++ to add on to the pathetic salad.

My tiny pot of Flowers of Asia tea $7.50++. The tiny pot contains about two full teacups of tea.


The tea was quite fragrant but overpriced for its tiny portion.

I didn't order dessert after the meal and chose to purchase them as takeaways to avoid paying them service charges for an unsatisfying meal.

I bought a box of Assorted Signature macarons $11.50 and two slices of cakes $6.50 ea.






The cakes were ok, pretty ordinary...nothing to shout about. Macarons were overly sweet, especially the Salted caramel one! The only flavor I fancied was the Chocolate Noir which contains 70% Valrhona Chocolate and was bitter sweet.

I won't be patronizing them for a long long while!

Canele Pattisserie Chocolaterie @Plaza Singapura 
68 Orchard Road #01-55 (The Atrium), S238839   
Tel: 6837 2252



On a side note, there is a Rocky Master cafe at level 1 of my office building at Ubi Ave1. I've finally ordered lunch from them for the first time, and was presently surprised with the good food. I will go back again to try other food.




My Chicken pita bread $9.00 and Ice Mocha $6.40





The pita bread was slightly crispy on the crust and soft in the center. I liked that the chicken patty was filled with generous serving of mushroom bits, juicy and tender...very delish! The Ice Mocha was pretty normal and a tad too sweet for my liking. 

They do not charge GST or service charges...worth a try if you're around the vicinity..

Rocky Master @StarHub Green
67 Ubi Ave 1 #01-02, S408942




No comments:

Post a Comment