Monday, August 26, 2013

Casual European dining at Ambush

I was at Plaza Singapura for my monthly facial on Saturday. My session was done by 5pm, so I decided to have an early dinner at Ambush at PS extension area.

The restaurant has an open concept bistro style decor with clean and chic wooden furnishings.






The restaurant was still quite empty at this hour so I got to choose where I wanna sit.





There was a newspaper style menu to introduce the diners to the restaurant's European dining concept and well categorized meals and specialties by different countries.




The Swiss/German wurst section caught my eye, so I picked the Oktoberfest platter as my main course, a Bruschetta appetizer and a mango juice for drink.


The Mango juice $3.50++ was alright, sweet and has a slightly thick texture like those juices you get at Hotel's Buffet breakfast.


The Bruschetta $3.80++ was served on a focaccia bread instead of the usual baguette toast. The bread was soft but a little soggy after being drenched with the tomato salsa sauce. The tomato salsa was very good, tomato was freshly chopped and tossed with a citrusy and slightly spicy dressing...simply refreshing!

After a short wait, my main course arrived. The Oktoberfest platter $17.80++ consists of a portion of German pork knuckle, a Bockwurst, a Smoked bratwurst, fresh greens, mashed potato (I topped up $2 to change to Rosti) served with sauerkraut and sour cream.




This is a plate full of porky goodness. The pork knuckle was quite tender and comes with a crackling skin. The porky sausages were also very plump and juicy. They are a little bit salty which is normal and should be eaten with the Rosti. The Rosti's golden brown surface was crispy and the potato strands underneath was soft and fragrant, extremely delish. This dish would have been 100 marks if the sauerkraut serving weren't so tiny.

I managed to save some space for dessert and ordered a Brownie with vanilla ice cream & whipped cream $6.80++.


The brownie was too sweet, the ice cream and whipped cream pairing could not effectively balance out the overpowering sweetness from the brownie. I couldn't finish this dish.


Overall dining experience here was good, service was decent and prompt, food quality was above my expectation and prices were reasonable. I would return to try the full size German pork knuckle.


Ambush @Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road #04-64/66 (The Atrium), S238839   

Tel: 6338 9368

Opening Hours: 
Mon to Sun: 1100 - 2230




No comments:

Post a Comment