Friday, May 31, 2013

Back to TCC Bugis again

We are back at TCC! My sista's husband has a 50% birthday voucher to be utilized before expiry on end May. We chose Bugis for the convenience of the birthday boy. The decor didn't change and the noisy blender didn't change as well (check my previous post).




GSS promotions


For drinks I ordered twice, Raspberry Orange Iced Tea and Lychee Jazz. The Raspberry drink was good while the Lychee drink was tasteless soda with 2pcs of lychees..not nice.

Raspberry Orange Iced Tea $7.00++

Lychee Jazz $6.60++


I ordered a different salad to try today...Kimchi Prawn Salad..it was delish! The kimchi prawns were very well marinated and the greens was refreshing.

Kimchi Prawn Salad $13.00++

For main dish, I picked the Ocean Sur'fin which I raved about during my previous visit. It tasted good but portion kinda shrank a little...different chef maybe? Nevertheless, I did enjoyed this dish...no complains.

Ocean Sur'fin $23.00++

Our usual practice of ordering appetizers for sharing...this time we chose Potato Wedges w/ Melted Cheese Dip and Mentaiko Shrimp Martini (our all time fave). The potato wedges was nicely done...crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. I'm not a fan of cheese dips so no comments on that. The Shrimp martini met our expectations as usual.

Mentaiko Shrimp Martini $11.80++

Potato wedges $9.90++


Some other drinks and dishes my friends had were...

Crimson Duet $7.80++


Bisque of Forest Mushroom Soup $10.00++

Clam Chowder soup $10.00++

Ribeye Steak $32.00++

And last but not least I ordered a new dessert to try...Puffy Triplets, three profiteroles with rich chocolate ice-cream atop a fine almond-espresso financier. The puffs and ice cream were good accept the espresso brownie cake at the bottom was pretty hard and dry. Overall still a good sweet treat.

Puffy Triplets $12.50++


Service today was unusually slow, we were being informed of a likely long wait for food of at least 20mins for main dishes. We had a change of tables and I guess the serving staffs got confused and delivered the dishes to the wrong table a couple of times. I had to place order with the same guy twice to get my second drink. They keyed in one Clam chowder instead of two we ordered. And, my friend's 'medium rare' steak arrived 'well done' and she had to request for a change and waited for another 20mins. Hmm not so good...


TCC Bugis Junction (Main Boutique)
80 Middle Road #01-92-96 Bugis Junction, S188966
Tel: 6837 2027

Sunday to Thursday & Public Holidays - 8.30am to 11pm
Friday, Saturday & Eve of Public Holidays - 8.30am to 1.30am





No comments:

Post a Comment